RESPONSORIAL PSALM: Remember your mercies, O Lord.
TODAY’S MASS INTENTION: †Ferenc Kovacsics and living Erzsébet Kovacsics, by Balássy Family
MASS INTENTIONS FOR THE COMING WEEK:
|September||28||Monday||9:00 AM||For the parishioners of St. Emeric and St. Elizabeth|
|September||29||Tuesday||9:00 AM||Rita Glaser (Butiné), by Vámos Family|
|September||30||Wednesday||9:00 AM||József Vámos, Sr., by Vámos Family|
|October||1||Thursday||9:00 AM||† Fr. Richard Whetstone, by Fr. David Misbrener|
|October||2||Friday||9:00 AM||† Priests of the Dioceses of Cleveland and Youngstown, by Fr. David Misbrener|
|October||3||Saturday||5:00 PM||Zsolt Dömötörffy, by Peller Family|
|October||4||Sunday||11:00 AM||John Mandryh, by Family|
FROM THE DESK OF FR. BONA: The upcoming week may as well be called a week of angels. On Tuesday (9/29) we have the feast of the three Archangels (St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael) and on Friday (10/2) we will celebrate the memorial of our Guardian Angels. On this occasion, I would like to share the ten things to remember about them (taken and modified from http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/angels.htm) God bless! Fr. Bona
- They really exist. Not just in our minds, or our myths, or our symbols, or our culture. They are as real as your dog, or your sister, or electricity.
- They are present, right here, right now, right next to you, reading and listening to these words with you.
- They are not cute, cuddly, comfortable, chummy, or “cool”. They are fearsome and formidable. They are huge. They are warriors.
- They are the real “extra-terrestrials”, the real “Super-men”, the ultimate aliens. Their powers are far beyond those of all fictional creatures.
- They are more brilliant minds than Einstein.
- They can literally move the heavens and the earth if God permits them.
- Angels are aware of you, even though you can’t usually see or hear them. But you can communicate with them. You can talk to them without even speaking.
- Angels often come disguised. “Do not neglect hospitality, for some have entertained angels unawares”—that’s a warning from life’s oldest and best instruction manual.
- We are on a protected part of a great battlefield between angels and devils, extending to eternity.
- Angels are sentinels standing at the crossroads where life meets death. They work especially at moments of crisis, at the brink of disaster—for bodies, for souls, and for nations.
LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTION: Sunday Offering: $1,295. Memorial donations for Steven Kálmán Hegedeős: $25 from Adrienne Dobolyi, $25 from Ildikó Huber, $50 from István Hargitai. Memorial donation for Paul Medgyessi: $100 from Kathy Fördös. THANK YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU! Thank you for remembering your church’s needs in these difficult times and sending in your offertory donation, whether by mail or using the PayPal option found now on the website: https://stemeric.com/donations/
ANYONE WISHING TO RECEIVE THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM, FIRST COMMUNION, CONFIRMATION, CONFESSION, or, to arrange for a VISITATION OF THE SICK, or a MASS OF CHRISTIAN BURIAL, please call the Rectory.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK, especially Bev Kimar, Anna Padar, Béla Tarmann, Rose Dudevszky, Teréz Kalász, Madeleine B. Smith, Gerő Kondray, and Maria Földesi.
THE COVID 19 DIRECTIVES are still in effect.
THIS SUNDAY the 11AM Mass will also be livestreamed, found on https://www.facebook.com/saintemeric/
This post is also available in: Hungarian