RESPONSORIAL PSALM: The Lord is near to all who call upon him.
TODAY’S MASS INTENTIONS:
9AM: Parishioners of St. Emeric Parish
11AM: Magda Szőcs, & Florence Gal & Son, by the Szőcs Family
MASS SCHEDULE & INTENTIONS FOR THE COMING WEEK:
|September||25||Monday||9:00 AM||Maria Molnár, by Tom & Loretta Sorma|
|September||26||Tuesday||9:00 AM||Margit Győri Mező, by Zsuzsanna Győri|
|September||27||Wednesday||9:00 AM||Celebrant’s Intention|
|September||28||Thursday||9:00 AM||Pál Medgyessy, by Kathy Fordos|
|September||29||Friday||9:00 AM||Fr. Robert E. Clancy|
|September||30||Saturday||5:00 PM||Living and † Members of the Zsula Family, by the Family|
|October||1||Sunday||9:00 AM||Parishioners of St. Emeric Parish|
|October||1||Sunday||11:00 AM||Zsolt Dömötörffy, by Éva Dömötörffy|
FROM THE DESK OF FR. BONA: (1) This Sunday the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest (many just refer to them as “the Institute”) begins their administration of the Shrine of St. Elizabeth. Canon James Hoogerwerf has been named the new rector of the Shrine as of September 24, which means that my assignment as rector of the Shrine has concluded. Canon Hoogerwerf is accompanied by a seminarian who will provide help in the liturgy and around the Shrine. We are working together to make the transition as smooth as possible.
(2) Consequently, we, as a parish, now get together at one worship site. Welcome to all from St. Elizabeth church who are beginning to attend St. Emeric church. My hope is that as Hungarian Catholics in Cleveland we will continue to support one another and form a strong community.
(3) Everyone is invited today after our 11AM Mass for our agapé meal in our hall downstairs. It is our custom to get together occasionally after the Mass for refreshments and fellowship. Thank you for all those who prepared the food and drink and/or contributed toward it.
(4) Please, note the new Mass schedule: On Sunday, we now have a 9AM Mass in English and 11AM Mass in Hungarian. 5PM Mass on Saturday remains as is.
(5) Since we are no longer directly involved in the pastoral and temporal administration of the Shrine of St. Elizabeth, we will no longer publish the bulletin for St. Elizabeth. We will still publicize matters related to us that are happening over there in our parish’s bulletin, but publishing the Shrine’s bulletin is now the Institute’s responsibility.
(6) I know that I have mentioned it before, but just to refresh our memory: even though we are now coming together at St. Emeric, those who have connections to St. Elizabeth, can have their baptisms, weddings, funerals at St. Elizabeth. In that case, I would preside over the liturgical services that we can have in Hungarian (or mixed, or in English).
VOTE “NO” ON NOVEMBER BALLOTT ISSUE 1: The Catholic Conference of Ohio firmly opposes Issue 1, which would enshrine the “right” to abortion in the Ohio Constitution. This extreme amendment endangers the health and safety of women, threatens parental rights, and allows for abortion through all nine months of pregnancy.
The Catholic Church has always advocated for and acted to protect the most vulnerable in society, including the indigent, migrants, and preborn children in the womb. We will continue to do so by explaining the harms Issue 1 poses to women, parents, and babies with Catholics and all people of goodwill across Ohio and encourage a no vote on this egregious proposal. Ohioans deserve just laws which provide expansive resources and accompaniment to mothers and young families, not proposals like Issue 1 which does nothing to support women.
FEAST OF THE ARCHANGELS (September 29): Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael are the only three angels who are mentioned by name in Sacred Scripture.
PLANNING MEETING – OUR PATRONAL FEASTDAY: On November 5, we will celebrate our patronal feastday. I would like to invite everyone who was involved in the last year’s planning meeting, or who would like to be involved in this year’s, to come on Wednesday, October 4 at 6:30PM to St. Emeric Hall to meet and plan. Thank you very much to all of you who so devotedly volunteer for the events and work at St. Emeric parish.
DATE CHANGE: the next parish council meeting is being moved to October 18 at 6:30 pm.
LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTION: ST. EMERIC PARISH: Collection: $1,157; special donation: $30,000; in loving memory of Marika Molnar: $250. May God reward your generosity in supporting the church. Thank you for sending in your donations by mail or using our website https://stemeric.com/donations/.
LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTION: ST. ELIZABETH SHRINE: Sunday collection: $1,002. Thank you for sending in your offertory donation through the mail, or through the PayPal option found on the website: http://www.stelizabethcleveland.org/donations/.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK, especially for Bev Kimar, Teréz Kalász, Lajos Boday, Márta Takács, Zsuzsanna Hunyadi, Albert Kovács, Kathy Szabó, Kamilla Szabó, Anna Melega, Dorothy Fromhercz, Alex Szaday, Virginia Kachmar, and Margaret Falk.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE DECEASED: Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen
LET US PRAY THREE HAIL MARYS FOR OUR PARISH EVERY DAY!
Ez a bejegyzés olvasható Hungarian nyelven is.